Section News and Announcements
2017 Annual Meeting Notice (October 5, 2017)
The annual meeting of the Health Law Section will be held on Saturday October 21, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. during the 2017 Health Law Section Annual CLE, click here for a brochure.
During the annual meeting the following nominations will be made for 2018 Executive Committee positions. Additional nominations will be accepted from the floor.
Terms ending December 31, 2018
Chair: Deanna Paige Laidler
Chair-Elect: Robert Sinnott
Past-Chair: Meghan Bours
Secretary: Tom Karnes
Treasurer: Cindy Hahn
Terms ending December 31, 2019
Lawrence L. Lopardo
Members previously elected to the executive committee and continuing through December 31, 2018, include Sarah L. Bimber, Jenny Franks, Bryce W. Hanks, Sid Khanijou, Susan J. Mahoney and Molly K. Marcum.
Members previously elected to the executive committee who have been nominated to continue through December 31, 2019 include Megan Lane, Eric Neiman, and Amber M. Zupanic-Albin.
The Sectionís fund balance as of December 31, 2016 was $29,596. All Section financial statements can be found at http://www.osbar.org/sections/financials.html.
Health Law Newsletter Archives
- Sereboff v. Mid Atlantic Medical Services, Inc.
- Medicaid 101: Navigating the Labyrinth
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Medicare Part D) - An Overview
- CODED and ANONYMOUS GENETIC RESEARCH: New Notice and Opt Out Requirement
- Compliance, Reimbursement and the Clinical Laboratory
- Oregon Patient Safety
- Commission Update
- Economic Credentialing
- Legislative Update
- Stark II Phase II Final Regulations
- Oregon Patient Safety
- Ninth Circuit ERISA Ruling
- Ninth Circuit Continues Injunction Against The Ashcroft Direction
- Stark Law Limitations on Physician Referrals for Durable Medical Equipment
- An Advocate's View of LIPA
- Physician Noncompetes: Still Necessary and Useful?
- HIPAA Preemption of Oregon Law: Oregon Confidentiality Law After April 14, 2003
- Tax Court Rules Shareholder Salary is Dividend
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Sarbanes-Oxley and the Not-For-Profit Health Care Industry
- Ballot Measure 23
- New Genetic Privacy Rules Arrive in Oregon
- Physician-Assisted Suicide Debate Continues
- US Supreme Court Issues First Decision on Spousal Impoverishment Provisions of Medicaid Law
- Great West Life & Annuity Insurance Company v. Knudson: Limits on ERISA based health plan enforcement of third party reimbursement recovery provisions
- Interest groups, legislature bring suit against Governor
- Oregon Health Law Manual Volume 4
- The Uncertain Future of the HIPAA Patient Privacy Regulations
- HCFA Releases Part 1 of Stark II Final Regulations
- Recent EMTALA Decision: Arrington v. Wong